Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cupcaking


So to beat the winter blues, Deborah, Jamie, and I got together to make an all time summer favorite...Pink Lemonade but with a twist. These cupcakes were so fun and we got to practice our Martha Stewart decorating techniques. I think they turned out pretty cute for a first attempt!

the baking process...as you can tell Jamie looks just thrilled!


the colors...


the decorating...


the final products....




PINK LEMONADE CUPCAKES

  • 1 pkg white cake mix without pudding in the mix
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup thawed frozen pink lemonade concentrate; thawed
  • 2 TBSP oil
  • pink food
  • (otional)

FROSTING

  • 4 cups icing sugar
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup pink lemonade concentrate

1. Beat cake mix, water, egg whites, 1/3 cup lemon concentrate, oil and food coloring. Medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon batter into lined muffin cups.

2. Bake 18-22 mins. Cool completely before frosting.

3. Beat icing sugar, butter and 1/4 cup lemonade concentrate, until well blended. (Add more concentrate to thin frosting if necessary.) Add pink coloring to desired color.

*Just a note, I added almost 1/2 cup of concentrate to my frosting because I found it quite thick and I really wanted it tart. I would keep adding and tasting until you like it.

They bake up so lovely and even. And flavor aside, they were honestly the most moist and delicious cupcake I have ever had.

Frost and add a straw for garnish.



2 comments:

Linnea said...

Awwww...this really really makes me miss you and Jamie. We should really get together soon. I miss you guys.

Deborah said...

YES! i STILL have not done my blog. i am going to tonight. if i say is here, maybe i really will. {ps.. let't do it again. soon. chocolate ones this time. mmmmmmmmm}